Monday, September 8, 2008

Twittering Under Way

A few folks have taken me up on trying to use Twitter to stay connected during the course. I wanted a way for us to connect in a more playful, informal way...as we would if we were on-campus together. Just regular chit-chat, in contrast to the much more formal communication done in the course shell via asynchronous threaded discussion. I'm enthusiastic about it because I think it will also help folks connect with the larger community of practice. For example, Nancy Duarte (author of one of our texts, slide:ology) and Garr Reynolds (we are reading an excerpt from his Presentation Zen book) are on Twitter. Also, some notable IDers and ITers, such as David Wiley, Bernie Dodge, and David Warlick.

However, I keep thinking about what to contribute. Is this important enough for me to share? It is an interesting process, and I think it will take awhile to get used to. But, I am wholeheartedly trying, and have connected with a number of folks in and out of the course so far.

Anyway, the experiment is underway. [By the way, my Twitter username is jonidunlap.]

No comments: