Sunday, August 31, 2008

Lining up guest speakers

I knew from the get-go that I wanted to include 2-3 guest speakers during the semester. I am well-experienced with the ebbs and flows of a course, and around November we will need some new ways of connecting and some new folks to connect with. I feel really good about lining up three folks...they will really add new life and energy to a typically low point in the semester.

I am glad that we have access to a good tool for these synchronous live sessions with guest speakers. We will use Adobe Connect, and we will record the sessions for those folks in class who cannot make the live sessions. I also hope that the guest speakers will participate in a discussion forum for a few days following the live session...all are in agreement, so it should work out well.

No comments: